No announcement yet.

Wichita State looking into women’s basketball transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Coach Favor - the "official" announcement made for public consumption:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

I'm sure Favor was allowed to "resign" after being told her contract was not being renewed. Just as Jody was allowed to "withdraw" her name from the KU coaching search after KU told her she wasn't their choice.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 1, 2015, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• I just remember hearing that there were some things going on at the time that somewhat mirror the things going on today. There were complaints made to BE but nothing done until they went to JS. I agree that Tim Walton was a great hire, we do know a former player who still stays in contact with him. She has nothing but great things to say about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        Yes, but he made the hiring announcement after being at WSU less than three weeks (he came on board on July 1, 1999). Schaus was not here long enough to have done the legwork for the hire. I think it is widely understood that BE did the hire.

The statement I am remembering was from an Eagle article when Favor's contract was not renewed in 2002. The Eagle search engine is so pitiful that I don't care to look through the 7K or 8K of possible articles to find it - assuming of course that I did not dream it to begin with. :)
        Instead of trying to find something on Kansas.com using their search engine, just use Google and include in the search the site you want to search in.

In this case, include site:Kansas.com in the Google search. You can find all that and more on Google's Advanced Search page.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Interesting. I cannot recall seeing a group of conference coaches supporting a coach that is embroiled in a controversy like this. Certainly individual coaches haven spoken in support of another coach, the most recent example is Lansing showing support for Jans. But I don't recall an entire group of conference coaches showing support as a group. Are all of the MVC WBB head coaches supporting Jody in this?
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Wow, never seen that before. Are they in town looking for transfers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                  Interesting. I cannot recall seeing a group of conference coaches supporting a coach that is embroiled in a controversy like this. Certainly individual coaches haven spoken in support of another coach, the most recent example is Lansing showing support for Jans. But I don't recall an entire group of conference coaches showing support as a group. Are all of the MVC WBB head coaches supporting Jody in this?

Comment

Interesting. I cannot recall seeing a group of conference coaches supporting a coach that is embroiled in a controversy like this. Certainly individual coaches haven spoken in support of another coach, the most recent example is Lansing showing support for Jans. But I don't recall an entire group of conference coaches showing support as a group. Are all of the MVC WBB head coaches supporting Jody in this?
                    Why does it make a difference? These coaches have no insight into what the issues are or what the evidence shows at this point. I don't see it as particularly relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Why does it make a difference? These coaches have no insight into what the issues are or what the evidence shows at this point. I don't see it as particularly relevant.
                      I disagree. I think its HIGHLY relevant to the entire situation. But not for the reasons they think it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
                        I disagree. I think its HIGHLY relevant to the entire situation. But not for the reasons they think it is.
                        Well you would have to explain that theory in a little more detail for my feeble brain to get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          It may not make a difference. My comment was that I had never seen it before not that it was going to change things. I do think you are discounting their knowledge of the situation. Why such a defensive response?

Comment

It may not make a difference. My comment was that I had never seen it before not that it was going to change things. I do think you are discounting their knowledge of the situation. Why such a defensive response?
                            Nothing defensive about it. I simply don't see it as relevant. And yes I am discounting these coaches' knowledge of the situation, at least at a level that is relevant.

As @ShockRef would say, that's all.

However, if anyone believe's these tweets are relevant then by all means send them to Julie Scherz.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 1, 2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I think this is my last post on this thread.

Comment

• Am I the only one who finds that picture just a little creepy?

Comment

Working...
                                X